Jeep Cherokee Not Starting Just Clicking
2016 jeep cherokee trailhawk left me stranded at the gas station after not starting.
Jeep cherokee not starting just clicking. If the wiring looks ok then look at the starter solenoid for a good connection and proper voltage at the starter 10 volts minimum while cranking. Check the starter and solenoid. Try giving her a jump doesn t work get. Disconnect all cables in the opposite order that you connected them.
It sounds like you are hearing the starter solenoid clicking. Got a jump started driving down the road and the check engine light came on. If the problem is a dead battery then this will charge it. One quick thing you can try is tapping on the starter.
Drove all week to and from work just fine started everytime. Stop at the store tonight she clicks but won t start. This was last saturday. If there is no starter motor operation at all that is if there is no starter operation with the key held in the start position the procedure is to test for power to the starter motor.
Drove it straight to the dealership and waiting on what they say. If you get one click from the engine compartment when turning the key to the start position that s sign that the starter drive gear has hit the flywheel but the starter motor itself isn t running to crank the engine. Just make sure the engine isn t seized. Until one day it just decided to not start again.
Start your jeep and let it run for 5 minutes. Replaced the terminals and cables she started up just fine. Do not start the car that has the live battery. I realized battery terminals and cables were corroded.
If there is no power then the electrical circuit supplying the motor has a fault. 4 people found this helpful. When a starter goes bad the starter wont click at all it should be completely dead with no clicking. Would turn on all lights would work headlights etc.
Just picked it up from the damn shop last month too after being there for 7 weeks. This seams to be a common problem with the wk but i was always told that if it clicks its the battery or corrosion on a connection on the battery from a loose wire or corrosion. But would not start. It would click but eventually would start.
Best answer mark helpful. The clicking sound is made by the starter s solenoid which has enough battery life to move and make a click but the starter itself does not enough electricity to turn the motor. If it is one loud click then it s the starter if it is a series of clicks then it a voltage loss problem cables battery or other main power or grounding issues.
- Chevrolet Headquarters Customer Service
- Chevrolet Dealer North Carolina
- 1982 Ford Granada For Sale
- Capital Chevrolet In Raleigh Nc
- 1964 Chevrolet Impala Parts Catalog
- 1956 Chevy Bel Air Quarter Panel
- 2014 Chevrolet Sonic Lt Auto Sedan
- 1978 Ford Granada For Sale
- Chevrolet Camaro Zl1 Right Hand Drive
- Chevrolet Camaro Ss Engine 5 7 L V8
- Chevrolet Equinox 2019 White
- Chevrolet Aveo 2009 Fuel Consumption
- Chevrolet Accessories Silverado 2020
- 1964 Chevrolet Impala Vin Decoder
- Chevrolet Blazer K5 Youtube
- Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan 1947
- Chevrolet Captiva Philippines For Sale
- Chevrolet Dealer Salt Lake City
- Chevrolet Diesel Beat Price In India
- Chevrolet Beat Alloy Wheels